Dubai Metro Fares, Tickets & Timings – Complete Guide For Travelers
- August 30, 2021
- Dubai Tourism
Dubai may be an expensive city in the UAE but the best it offers is easy yet economical transportation to move around the city. Oh yes, we are talking about traveling through Dubai Metro! Not only it is safe but traveling through Dubai Metro is also enjoyable if you are with your friends or family members.
No need to spend your hard-earned money on traveling by booking expensive rides when you have Dubai Metro to save you from the stress.
We are listing below a brief guide that will help you if you are a tourist and want to explore Dubai on your own or even if you are someone who has his first day at the office tomorrow and he wants to look for which route suits him the best!
Dubai Metro Ticket Price per card
The first thing you need to know is the details about the ticket.
There are four different kinds of Nol cards including Silver card, Golden card, Blue card and then a Red Ticket.
The prices of each card is different from one another.
- Nol Silver Card – You can get it for AED 25. This card is for occasional travelers and it offers AED 19 trip credit.
- Nol Gold Card – You can get it for AED 25 as well but Gold card holders are allowed to travel in Metro Gold class cabins by paying an amount for the fare. This card also includes AED 19 trip credit.
- Nol Blue Card You can buy this card for AED 70. It is a personalized card that is best for users who use Dubai Metro on a regular basis. It includes AED 20 trip credit for travelers.
- Nol Red Ticket: If you are a foreigner and is here to explore Dubai then Red ticket is best for you! It offers up to 10 trips and you can enjoy it to the fullest.
Tips and Violations for Dubai Metro
- You need to purchase Nol cards when you are traveling from Metro.
- Passengers who have special needs are allowed to travel free while students and senior citizens can get up to 50% discount on fares.
- You can get mobile phone signals in the Dubai Metro.
- Free Wi-Fi is available in Metro you just have to select ‘du Wi-Fi’ from their Wi-Fi-enabled device. You can also use high-quality internet after paying AED 10 from your credit card or AED 20 for an hour when using prepaid scratch cards.
Things to keep on your mind before traveling in Dubai Metro as it will be considered as a violation of rules.
- Using someone else’s Nol card is not allowed.
- You are not allowed to eat or drink in the train.
- Being a discomfort to others will cause a heavy fine to be paid.
- You can not rest your feet on seats.
- Harming seats, services or facilities on the train is strictly prohibited.
- Carrying alcoholic drinks would not be entertained.
- You are not allowed to market or sell any product.
- Opening doors while the train is moving will be considered as a severe violation of the rules.
- Spitting or littering will not be tolerable.
- Animals are not allowed inside Metro train except guide dogs.
You can also use the public service transport timetable to get the timings of the train you have selected for your location. For instance, you have three options to pick from the trains including Red line, Green line and Branch line.
Red line will take you towards Centerpoint and EXPO 2020 and vice versa, Green line towards Creek and Etisalat and vice versa, and the Branch line towards Jabal Ali and UAE exchange and vice versa.
Although these trains are operational throughout the week but you have to double-check their timings to make sure if there are any changes made in the timetable or not. As some special events may affect the timings.
Dubai Metro Station Timings May Vary
As we have mentioned earlier, timings may change in any special events. So make sure to check it if you are a visitor who wants to explore Dubai. Otherwise, these are the official timing of Metro Dubai that we have mentioned below –
- It will be 05.00 am – 12.00 am From Saturday to Wednesday.
- It will be 05.00 am – 01.00 am on Thursday.
- It will be 10.00 am – 01.00 am on Friday.
Metro Stations to be used for Interchange
If you are looking for stations to interchange then you can use:
- Union (R18/G20) and BurJuman (R19/G26) stations between Metro Green and Red line.
- You have to wait at Jabal Ali (R38) to interchange between Metro Red and Branch lines.
- Dubai Marina (R36) and DMCC (R37) are perfect stations if you are looking to interchange between Metro and Tram.
The Green and Red metro lines intersect each other at two important stations that are considered as the busiest station in the city: Burjuman and Union.
The best part about these trains is that you can catch a train from any station where you are standing, after every five minutes – so no need to wait long for the trains and regret later on missing any.
If you visit a new city then the first thing that is necessary for you to know is the transportation services and routes provided by them. Without knowing the routes you can not move properly and explore the city, as you would be too confused about what to do and where to go unlike some adventurers out there! So we have listed above some important points regarding Dubai Metro that will help you to be familiar with the stations, routes, and timings of Dubai Metro.